Buck the Stigma is back this fall, and the campus community is invited to a week of wellness and holistic mental health resources.
An annual event established by ASI Student Government and Peers Understanding Listening Supporting Educating (PULSE) and supported by Cal Poly’s Campus Health and Wellbeing, this year’s Buck the Stigma event will feature several days of wellness, reflection, and reconnection initiatives in an effort to reduce the stigmas around mental health. Spanning Oct. 10–14, Buck the Stigma 2022 will focus on holistic mental health, promise tons of thoughtful engaging content, and feature our 24th Annual Mark S. Reuling Annual Volleyball Tournament presented by ASI Intramural Sports.
See below for more on Buck the Stigma week’s activities:
Mark S. Reuling Volleyball Tournament
As a tradition, the 24th Annual Mark S. Reuling Volleyball Tournament will conclude this year’s Buck the Stigma activities on Friday, Oct. 14. The tournament’s purpose is to help raise funds for the Reuling Memorial Endowment and to promote education and prevention programs regarding bipolar disorder and depression for the campus community. Students, faculty, staff, and campus community members may participate in the event. The 24th Annual Mark S. Reuling Volleyball Tournament will be a 6v6 indoor volleyball competition that features two tournaments: one for staff/faculty; and one for students. Register now!
- Registration: Oct. 3 at 5 p.m.
- Date, Time, & Location: Oct. 14, Cal Poly Recreation Center — Rec Gym
- Staff/Faculty Tournament: 12–2 p.m.
- Student Tournament: 2–4 p.m.
Buck the Stigma Week: Oct. 10–14
- Monday, Oct. 10: Canvassing Campus with Self-Care Support
- Tuesday, Oct. 11: Hosted by Leadership & Service — Community Service Fair on Dexter Lawn from 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 12: Therapy Dogs on Dexter Lawn from 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 13: Safer Knitting Circle in University Union Room 217 from 11 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 14: Mark S. Reuling Volleyball Tournament at the Recreation Center’s Rec Gym — Register by Oct. 12, 2022.