Elevate your swim experience.
Swim, lounge, get certified, or take a class in the Olympic-size lap pool or leisure pool at the Cal Poly Recreation Center.
The Recreation Center lap pool and outdoor exercise area are currently open at partial capacity by reservation only. Learn more.
Looking to gain new skills, develop your stroke, or improve technique? All skill levels and interests are welcome to take a dip.
- Masters Swim
- Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga
- American Red Cross Safety Certifications
*Class registration is required. All classes have an additional fee.
Dive into your aqua-fitness experience in our Olympic-size lap pool.
- 20 lane Olympic-size pool (50 meters)
- Depth ranges from 4’ to 7’ 6”
- Temperature ranges from 79 to 81 degrees
Float your worries away or play all day in the rejuvenating leisure pool.
- 3,500 square foot wading area
- Three lanes with depth ranging from 3’ 6” to 4’ 6”
- Temperature ranges from 80 to 83 degrees
- Vortex resistance pool
- Water basketball & water volleyball
Flip turn-up your fitness in our water interval training series! Offered each quarter, Masters Swim is free to try for the first two weeks for Recreation Center members.
Kickboards, pull buoys, water jogging belts, aqua basketballs, and more are available on the pool deck. Additional gear can also be checked out or purchased at The Pro Shop.
Aquatics Training & Certifications
Take a safety course and become certified at the Recreation Center. A selection of classes for ASI employees, students, and community members are offered throughout the year.
Private Swim Classes
Get the attention you deserve and develop your swimming skills in a one-on-one environment.
Winter Quarter | Week 8
February 22 - 28
(Applicable modified hours shown in red.)
Recreation Center Lap Pool Hours
- Monday - Friday: 7am - 8pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 10am - 6:30pm