Recreation Center Pool Policies
- Entering pool deck and/or water while unsupervised by ASI Recreational Sports Lifeguards is prohibited.
- Swimmers are strongly recommended to shower prior to entering the pool. Sand must be rinsed off before a patron may enter the pool.
- Appropriate swimwear is required. No cut-off shorts, non-aquatic shoes, or revealing swim suits are allowed.
- Running, pushing, throwing objects or rough play is not allowed.
- Diving, flipping, or other inappropriate water entry is prohibited.
- Persons with open wounds or bandages are prohibited from entering the water.
- No animals are allowed, with the exception of designated service animals.
- Food and/or drinks are permitted in designated areas only. No glass containers.
- Smoking or use of tobacco products is prohibited.
- Tanning oil is not allowed. Sunblock/sunscreen is highly recommended.
- Spitting or spouting water is prohibited. 12. Personal floatation devices must be U.S. Coast Guard-approved, with the exception of training devices such as kick boards, paddles, fins, etc.
- Hanging on the lane lines is prohibited.
- “Deck changing” or changing your clothes on the deck is prohibited.
- Organized group activities or coached workouts may not occur during informal recreation. This includes personal training and/or private lessons for financial gain.
- Practicing underwater breath control drills or hypoxic training is prohibited.
- Lounge chairs may only be used in the designated areas on deck.
- Report all injuries or concerns immediately to an ASI Aquatic Staff member.
- ASI and the Aquatic Staff reserve the right to determine if an activity or behavior is deemed unsafe. All instructions by aquatic staff must be adhered to. 20. During an emergency, please follow the direction of the Aquatic and ASI staff.
Summer Youth Programs & Family Swim Policies
- Children not toilet trained and less than 4 years of age must wear an approved swimsuit diaper.
- Children under the age of 5 years must be accompanied by an adult in the water and be within arm’s reach. Updated: 6/13/2014
- Children 6 years of age or older must change in a gender-appropriate locker room. Family changing rooms are available adjacent to the pool deck and within the Recreation Center.
Water Basketball/Water Volleyball Policies
In addition to Recreation Center and Aquatics policies, participants in water basketball or water volleyball must obey the following:
- Water Basketball and Water Volleyball equipment is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Contact aquatics staff if equipment needs adjustment or repair. Do not attempt to adjust or fix equipment.
- All basketball/volleyball rules apply; a foul is a foul.
- Respect the equipment and do not hang on the rim or net.
Sand Volleyball Court Policies
In addition to Recreation Center and Aquatics policies, participants in the sand volleyball area must obey the following:
- Informal court use is limited to sand volleyball play.
- Food, beverages, chewing gum, tobacco, cans, glass, and Styrofoam are not permitted in court area.
- Climbing fences to retrieve volleyballs is prohibited.
- Sand must be showered off before entering pool.