The University Union is Here For You!
Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) is committed to providing the best experience for Cal Poly students. As of Thursday, Sept. 21, the second floor of the Julian A. McPhee University Union (Building 65) is now open all day. The first floor is open daily until midnight. Special hours are noted on the ASI website. ASI’s goal is to provide students with a comfortable and safe space to achieve academic excellence. Following the temporary closure of the Robert E. Kennedy Library, ASI has bolstered the resources available in the University Union.
- Designated quiet rooms in San Luis Lounge and Chandler Lounge.
- 40 computers from the Robert E. Kennedy Library have been made available in the San Luis Lounge.
- Updated printers on the second floor.
- Two bistro-height white quartz tabletops around the central stairway with power strips.
- The TV lounge outside of Chandler Lounge has been converted to additional study space with tables and chairs.
- 350 chairs on the second floor.
- Additional charging opportunities with long power/USB strip molding in San Luis Lounge.
- Renovated restroom inside Mustang Lanes
The University Union Refresh project was in an effort to increase the comfort, functionality, and accessibility of this popular space. This project began on June 10, 2023, and took place over the course of three months. Visitors to the University Union can expect refreshed landscape, interior design, artwork, and lighting.
The Craft Center
The ASI Craft Center continues to experience extensive renovation, with a re-opening date to be announced. In addition to updated safety features and functionality, visitors to the Craft Center can expect a new multi-purpose craft room, our famous surfboard shaping experience, a dedicated stained-glass studio, an expanded ceramics program, and more!