Associated Students, Inc., Peers Understanding Listening Supporting Educating (PULSE), and Cal Poly Campus Health and Wellbeing have teamed up again for the annual Buck the Stigma care and wellness week.
Starting Oct. 11, the campus community is invited to a week of events that encourage wellness, reflection, and reconnection in an effort to reduce the stigmas around mental health. This year, Buck the Stigma aims to imbue growth and is bringing the campus a week packed with thoughtful, engaging content—both in-person and virtually.
23rd Annual Mark S. Reuling Volleyball Tournament (4v4): Oct. 15
Buck the Stigma’s week of wellness is punctuated by the 23rd annual Mark S. Reuling Volleyball Tournament on Friday, Oct. 15. The tournament is held every year to raise funds for the Reuling Memorial Endowment and to promote mental health education on campus. This year’s tournament will feature teams of four and be played on the Cal Poly Recreation Center’s outdoor sand volleyball courts.
What to know:
- When: Registration starts Friday, Oct. 8; tournament play is on Friday, Oct. 15.
- Where: Recreation Center sand volleyball courts.
- What: Teams of four will compete in a sand volleyball tournament.
- Registration price: $60 for student teams; $75 for faculty/staff teams.
- Participants will get a free tournament shirt (voucher to redeem)
- Faculty/Staff: Participants will receive a One-Day Pass to the Recreation Center to use this year.
Campus Pass status will be checked for students prior to entering the Recreation Center. Faculty & staff that do not have a Cal Poly Recreation Center membership will enter by the MAC plaza.
Buck the Stigma Week: Oct. 11–15
Monday, Oct. 11: Moving Mountains
- Self-Care Daily Challenge (Social Media)
- Presents Yoga (In-Person/Virtual)
- Creating Stressballs at Dexter with Men & Masculinities (11 a.m.–1 p.m.)
Tuesday, Oct. 12: Reflections and Reconnections
- Self Love Activity at the Julian A. McPhee University Union Plaza (10 a.m.–12 p.m.)
- Let’s Talk with Counseling Service
- Mental Health Dialogue Group (6:30 p.m.–7:30, Zoom ID: 882 5594 9959)
Wednesday, Oct. 13: Why Wellbeing?
- “Take What You Need” Activity (Campus-wide):
- Therapy Dogs (Dexter Lawn 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m.)
- Yoga at Dexter Lawn (4:30–5:30 p.m.)
Thursday, Oct. 14: Thriving Together
- Virtual Connect Be-Well Speaker (6:30–7:30 p.m.)
- Planting Succulents with Ilana Norris (11 a.m.–1 p.m. at Dexter Lawn)
Friday, Oct. 15: Making Waves
- Mark S. Reuling Volleyball Tournament (Recreation Center sand volleyball courts)
- Staff/Faculty: 11–1 p.m.
- Students: 2–6 p.m.
- Passing out Roses and Bracelets (University Union Plaza: 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m.)