Snowshoe Backpacking – Yosemite National Park (Trip 2)
Feb 28 - Mar 01, 2020
Spend your weekend trekking through beautiful snow-covered meadows to one of the most picturesque scenes the Sierra Nevada has to offer — Dewey Point looking down into Yosemite National Park! We will be snowshoeing roughly seven miles over the course of the weekend with minimal elevation gain. Enjoy excellent company, food, and views on this unforgettable mountain adventure!
• Experience Level: Beginner
• Physical Demand: Moderate
• Departure: Cal Poly Recreation Center, Friday @ 3:00 p.m.
• Return: Cal Poly Recreation Center, Sunday @ 5-10 p.m.
• Provided Items: Tents, stoves, pots and pans, first aid kits, 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner, transportation, car snacks, water filters, bathroom kits, trekking poles, snowshoes, bear bins for food.
• Personal Items to bring or rent from Poly Escapes: Sleeping bag, Sleeping pad, large backpacking backpack, hiking boots, trail snacks, 2 water bottles, comfortable synthetic, thermal, & waterproof layers, headlamp, toiletries, medical insurance card, bowl and utensils for meals, money for dinner on Friday.
• Trip Leaders: Isabelle, Brody, Blake, & Sarah
The Rental Center at the Cal Poly Recreation Center has all of the gear you need for your next adventure! ASI Poly Escapes trip participants receive a 50% discount with your reservation. Explore our selection online, then come down to the Rental Center to equip your trip.Learn More