Camping – Point Reyes National Seashore
Feb 28 - Mar 01, 2020
Spend your weekend on a camping and hiking adventure along the beautiful coast of Point Reyes National Seashore! We’ll hike 9 miles round trip to Tamales Point on a long, narrow peninsula jetting out over the Pacific Ocean. We’ll also explore Chimney Rock overlooking Drakes Bay and the Point Reyes coastline and will make a stop at a French creamery in the Marin countryside.
Skill Level: Moderate
Activity Level: Beginner
- Point Reyes National Seashore is the only federally protected seashore on the west coast. The area in total includes 80 miles of land with historic landmarks throughout.
- We will be starting at Pierce Point Ranch, one of the most successful dairy ranches in the 19th century.
- The Tomales Point trail begins at the northern end of Point Reyes National Seashore. The hike will last 4.7 to the tip of the peninsula and loop back around to Pierce Point Ranch.
- Another featured trail is the famous Chimney Rock Trail—a short, two-mile-long hike covered in native wildflowers. All skill levels will enjoy the views and time spent on this classic northern California trail!
- All trip participants must attend a pre-trip meeting.
- Trip Leaders will communicate about specific required equipment and personal items needed. Warm non-cotton outdoor clothing that can be layered will be required. Some general equipment can be rented from ASI Poly Escapes at a 50% discount with your reservation. Visit the ASI Poly Escapes website to view the rental catalog.
- Transportation and drivers are provided by ASI Poly Escapes. Trip departure times are final. Please arrive on time at the specified departure time and location. If you cannot depart at the scheduled time, you cannot attend the trip, no exceptions.
- Meals are included in the cost of the trip except meals at restaurants while traveling to and from the trip destination.
- Cancellation of the trip and/or changes in the specific details, timing, itinerary, and location of the trip may happen due to factors including but not limited to weather, environmental events, access and regulatory changes, health factors, and registration minimums.
- Withdrawing from the trip results in a refund only when another participant fills the spot.
- Registration is required; there is a fee associated with this program.
- pots and pans
- first aid kits
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 1 dinner
- car snacks
- water filters
- trekking poles
What to Bring
- sleeping bag
- sleeping pad
- hiking boots
- trail snacks
- 2 water bottles
- comfortable synthetic, thermal, & waterproof layers
- medical insurance card
- bowl and utensils for meals
- money for dinner on Friday
The Rental Center at the Cal Poly Recreation Center has all of the gear you need for your next adventure! ASI Poly Escapes trip participants receive a 50% discount with your reservation. Explore our selection online, then come down to the Rental Center to equip your trip.Learn More