Camping – Joshua Tree National Park
Feb 07 - Feb 09, 2020
Join ASI Poly Escapes on a camping and hiking adventure in Joshua Tree National Park. We will spend Saturday hiking 6.7 miles around Lost Horse Mine loop and exploring the historic mine located inside the National Park while appreciating the wildflowers, Joshua trees and stunning views along the way. Our nights will be spent stargazing among the giant unique rock formations at our campground. Don’t miss out on this adventure!
Skill Level: Moderate
Activity Level: Beginner
- Take advantage of camping in one of the most popular national parks in California!
- Located in Yucca Valley, Joshua Tree National Park ranges from 934 ft. to 5,813 ft. in elevation.
- The Lost Horse Mine trailhead that we will be embarking on has a total duration of 6.7 miles with very little difference in elevation.
- The Lost Horse Mine is an infamous site for being full of gold and silver during the California Gold Rush!
- At night, we will be enjoying the unique rock formations and native wildlife at the Jumbo Rocks Campground.
- All trip participants must attend a pre-trip meeting.
- Trip Leaders will communicate about specific required equipment and personal items needed. Warm non-cotton outdoor clothing that can be layered will be required. Some general equipment can be rented from ASI Poly Escapes at a 50% discount with your reservation. Visit the ASI Poly Escapes website to view the rental catalog.
- Transportation and drivers are provided by ASI Poly Escapes. Trip departure times are final. Please arrive on time at the specified departure time and location. If you cannot depart at the scheduled time, you cannot attend the trip, no exceptions.
- Meals are included in the cost of the trip except for meals at restaurants while traveling to and from the trip destination.
- Cancellation of the trip and/or changes in the specific details, timing, itinerary, and location of the trip may happen due to factors including but not limited to weather, environmental events, access and regulatory changes, health factors, and registration minimums.
- Withdrawing from the trip results in a refund only when another participant fills the spot.
- Registration is required; there is a fee associated with this program.
- pots and pans
- first aid kits
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 1 dinner
- car snacks
- water filters
- trekking poles
What to Bring
- sleeping bag
- sleeping pad
- hiking boots
- trail snacks
- 2 water bottles
- comfortable synthetic, thermal, & waterproof layers
- medical insurance card
- bowl and utensils for meals
- money for dinner on Friday
The Rental Center at the Cal Poly Recreation Center has all of the gear you need for your next adventure! ASI Poly Escapes trip participants receive a 50% discount with your reservation. Explore our selection online, then come down to the Rental Center to equip your trip.Learn More