Backpacking – Yosemite National Park, Hetch Hetchy
Oct 25 - Oct 27, 2019
Join ASI Poly Escapes on a backpacking tour of Hetch Hetchy, the hidden gem of Yosemite National Park. We’ll hike 18 miles with an elevation gain of 3,400 feet along the Beehive Meadow Trail throughout the weekend. Along the way, we’ll cross meadows, camp next to a lake, and marvel at the tall granite peaks.
• Experience Level: Intermediate
• Physical Demand: Moderate
• Departure: Cal Poly Recreation Center, Friday @ 3:00 p.m.
• Return: Cal Poly Recreation Center, Sunday @ 5-10 p.m.
• Provided Items: Tents, stoves, pots and pans, first aid kits, 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner, transportation, car snacks, water filters, bathroom kits, trekking poles, bear bins for food.
• Personal Items to bring or rent from Poly Escapes: Sleeping bag, Sleeping pad, large backpacking backpack, hiking boots, trail snacks, 2 water bottles, comfortable synthetic, thermal, & waterproof layers, headlamp, toiletries, medical insurance card, bowl and utensils for meals, money for dinner on Friday.
• Trip Leaders: Ben & Blake
The Rental Center at the Cal Poly Recreation Center has all of the gear you need for your next adventure! ASI Poly Escapes trip participants receive a 50% discount with your reservation. Explore our selection online, then come down to the Rental Center to equip your trip.Learn More