These policies are designed for the protection of employees, participants and the facilities.
- The facility is designed to offer opportunities for informal activity by eligible users. Clubs or groups may not have exclusive use of any area without prior reservation; no exercise circuit training by groups.
- All users must furnish appropriate authorization to use the facility (membership, day use pass, etc.)
- Personal amplified sound is prohibited; all media devices must use headphones
- Photography and videography is strictly prohibited in the locker rooms, exercise rooms and pool areas; photography and videography is only allowed with prior, written authorization
- Disorderly conduct including profane language, employee abuse, or offensive behavior is prohibited and will
result in dismissal from the facility
- All users must abide by area policies and comply with requests of Recreation Center or ASI staff
- Sexual harassment of any form is not tolerated per university policy.
- Any bleeding or injuries must be reported to Recreation Center staff immediately
- Private personal training, instruction or practice is prohibited (except approved ASI and Kinesiology training)
- Posting of any materials (such as flyers or promotional materials) requires prior approval
- Water bottles must be leak-proof; non-water drinks (energy, supplement, electrolyte, etc.) are prohibited
- Glass bottles or containers are prohibited
- Food is prohibited at the recreation center; only clear water may be consumed
- Tobacco, alcohol, drugs, spitting, and chewing gum are prohibited
- Roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, mopeds, bikes and scooters are prohibited
- Backpacks and personal belongings are not allowed in exercise rooms or general activity areas and must be stored in lockers and storage cubbies. Day-use lockers are available throughout the facility.
- The Recreation Center is not responsible for loss of valuables; locks are available for purchase. Individuals must file a report for any stolen items with UPD.
- Appropriate exercise attire is required; staff reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of attire
- Profanity or offensive images, logos or markings on clothing is prohibited
- Shoes must be worn inside the facility except as required for a scheduled fitness class
- Shirts are required inside the facility; no bare midriffs, no cut-out or low-hanging clothing
- Closed-toed shoes with non-marking, non-scuffing soles must be worn in all active fitness areas
- Shoes with exposed cleats are not allowed; bike shoes are only allowed in the cycling studio
- Zippers, snaps or metal studs that could damage equipment are prohibited
- Swimwear is allowed only in the pool areas and locker rooms; thong swimwear is not acceptable
- No personal exercise equipment is allowed inside the facility
- All activities must be consistent with the designated purpose of the room and comply with posted signs
- Participants are expected to exhibit traditional gym etiquette including cleaning machines after use
- Only service animals as described in the Service Animals on Campus Guidelines and Procedures are allowed
- Audiovisual equipment in studios and venue locations is to be operated by ASI staff only
- Weapons or firearms of any kind are prohibited
- The Recreation Center reserves the right to deny access to anyone. Circumstances not covered in the above will be addressed accordingly by the Recreation Center staff.