These policies are designed for the protection of employees, participants, and the facilities.
- The facility is designed to offer opportunities for informal activity by eligible users. Clubs or groups may not have exclusive use of any area without prior reservation, no exercise circuit training by groups of six (6) or more.
- All users must provide appropriate authorization to use the facility (membership, day-use pass, etc.).
- Personal amplified sound is prohibited; media devices must use headphones.
- Personal use of photography and videography are permitted in the Cal Poly Recreation Center with the exception of locker rooms and restrooms, where all photography and videography are strictly prohibited. Personal use is defined as photos and videos of self, friends, or family obtained informally. Photos and videos determined to be inappropriate, degrading, harassing or not authorized by the subjects captured are strictly prohibited. Any use of media for commercial use and/or profit is prohibited unless approved by the Recreational Sports Director.
- Media requests for class projects, newspapers, articles, and all other media must complete the ASI media and research request form. Photography and videography access are allowed with prior authorization. Photography and videography may not be conducted in private spaces, including restrooms and locker rooms, at any time.
- Disorderly conduct including harassment, inflammatory language (intended to provoke or incite violence, degrade, or abuse others), employee abuse, or offensive behavior is prohibited and will result in dismissal from the facility and possible termination of membership.
- All users must abide by area policies.
- Sexual harassment of any form is not tolerated per university policy.
- Any bleeding and injuries must be reported to Recreation Center staff immediately.
- Personal training or instruction is prohibited without prior written approval.
- Posting of any materials, including but not limited to flyers or promotional materials, requires prior approval.
- Water bottles must be leak-proof; non-water drinks (energy, supplement, electrolyte, etc.) are prohibited.
- Glass bottles or containers are prohibited.
- Food is prohibited at the recreation center.
- Tobacco, alcohol, drugs, spitting, and chewing gum are prohibited.
- Roller skates, rollerblades, skateboards, mopeds, bikes, and scooters are prohibited.
- Backpacks and personal belongings are not allowed in exercise rooms and activity areas and must be stored in lockers or storage cubbies. Day-use lockers are available throughout the facility.
- Lockers are for day use only; any locks and personal belongings left overnight will be removed.
- The Recreation Center is not responsible for the loss of items or valuables; locks are available for purchase at the Pro Shop. Individuals must file a report for any stolen items with the Cal Poly Police Department
- Appropriate exercise attire is required, such as t-shirts, sports bras, tank tops, shorts, warm-ups, sweats, yoga pants, and appropriate workout clothing.
- Shirts are required inside the facility.
- Closed-toed, closed-heel, non-marking, or scuffing shoes must be worn in all activity areas. Open toe, sandals, or spikes are not permitted. Bike shoes are allowed in the cycling studio only.
- Swimwear is allowed only in the pool areas and locker rooms.
- Use provided sanitizing spray and towels to wipe down all equipment, machines, and benches.
- Only approved equipment can be attached to ASI-owned equipment. All activities must be consistent with the designated purpose of the room and comply with posted signs.
- Only service animals as described in the Service Animals on Campus Guidelines and Procedures are allowed.
- Audio visual equipment in studios and venue locations is to be operated by staff only.
- Weapons or firearms of any kind are prohibited.
- The Cal Poly Recreation Center is a fully accessible facility. If an individual needs reasonable accommodation, please contact ASI Recreational Sports at least 5 business days in advance.
Participants are expected to follow all Cal Poly Recreation Center policies and all requests by staff. Circumstances not covered above will be addressed accordingly by staff. Staff reserves the right to refuse access or revoke privileges to anyone.