Maximum Allotment: $1,650 per Recognized Student Organization (RSO) per fiscal year
Approved by the ASI Board of Directors February 3, 2021
In support of the “ultimate college experience,” ASI Club Funding is available for currently chartered Cal Poly Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs). ASI Club Funding is available to enhance the cultural, educational, social and recreational opportunities for all Cal Poly students.
Availability of, and procedures for, ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship will be publicized through the
Clubs and Organizations Website and by ASI Club Services through training and educations distributed to RSO officers and advisors.
Applying RSOs must be currently chartered Cal Poly RSOs with an on-campus bank account managed by ASI. Instructionally Related Activities (IRAs), College Club Councils and Club Sports are not eligible to receive ASI Club Funding.
RSOs may apply for both ASI Club Sponsorship and ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship with a maximum combined allotment of $1,650 per RSO per fiscal year. For example, if your RSO receives $450 through ASI Club Sponsorship, your RSO can apply for an additional $1,200 through ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship (for a maximum allotment of $1,650).
Terms of Funding
- ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship can fund up to 50 percent of the total eligible event(s) expenses not to exceed $1,650 per fiscal year. This is a matching funds sponsorship which means that RSOs must have available general funds in their account to match the amount being allocated in ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship.
- ASI Club Sponsorship funds cannot be used to fund the remaining 50 percent. If a RSO is using ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship funds for more than one event, an application for each event must be completed and submitted to ASI Club Services.
- ASI reserves the right to disqualify any RSO from applying for ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship indefinitely for attempts to defraud or deceive.
- All funding decisions will be made without regard to the viewpoint being expressed by the College Club Council. For more information regarding ASI’s Viewpoint Neutrality Policy, please visit the ASI website.
- ASI Club Funding must be used for purposes consistent with the California State University Board of Trustees and Campus Administrative Policies.
- ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship must be used solely for the purpose of supporting events that are intended to serve a broad range of current Cal Poly students.
- ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship will fund up to $500 toward food and beverage expenses. Food must be available to all event participants and not solely performers/event staff.
- The following expenditures of ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship are not permitted:
- Expenditures to directly support or oppose any candidate for public office, whether partisan or not, or to support or oppose any issue before the voters as required by California Education Code Title V, Section 42403
- Charitable donations
- Door prizes, awards, gifts (including gift cards/certificates)
- Sole use for transportation
- Sole use for lodging
- Sole use for a RSO banquet
- ASI Club Services will begin accepting applications July 1.
- ASI Club Funding Applications are available on the Clubs and Organizations website1
- RSOs must complete the application, and obtain the original, scanned or approved digital signatures of a club officer and advisor indicated on the current RSO Charter.
- ASI Club Funding will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
- If an event is sponsored by multiple RSOs, only one can receive funds to pay for the event expenses.
- ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship Applications must be submitted to ASI Club Services a minimum of 14 days prior to the event date.
- An E-Plan must be on file for the event prior to the application submission.
- ASI Club Funding appropriation decisions will be made by the ASI Chair of the Board until the ASI Club Funding Liaison positions are appointed. Liaisons are members of the ASI Board of Directors, appointed by the Chair of the Board.
- ASI Club Funding appropriation decisions will be made by the ASI Club Funding Liaisons in conjunction with ASI Club Services staff.
- Once ASI Club Funding is exhausted, ASI Club Services will notify RSOs and will no longer accept ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship Applications. Additionally, all unfunded applications will be returned.
- ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship Applications must be submitted to ASI Club Services by the end of the fifth week of spring quarter to be considered to receive ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship Funding.
- Submittal of an application for ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship does not guarantee funding will be allocated.
- If approved, an email will be sent to RSO officers and advisors regarding the timeline and process of reconciling their ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship funding.
Recognition of ASI Financial Support
Organizations are encouraged to recognize ASI as a sponsor for the event in public announcements and promotional materials whenever practical, by stating “Co-Sponsored by ASI Student Government”.
- A completed RSO Funding Payment Request Form (PRF) with appropriate back-up documentation must be submitted to ASI Club Services in order to access funds.
- RSO Funding PRFs must be submitted to ASI Club Services no later than 2 weeks after the event. A one-week extension may be granted upon written request to ASI Club Services.
- Unused funds will be returned to the ASI Club Funding Reserve if RSO Funding PRFs are not submitted by the due date.
- Late RSO Funding PRFs will not be reimbursed utilizing ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship funds
- An email indicating approval or denial of the ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship request will be sent to the RSO’s president, treasurer, and advisor.
- If approved, an email will be sent regarding the timeline and process of reconciling their ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship Funding.
- If denied, a written request from the RSO to ASI Club Services may be submitted within two weeks of denial notification to appeal the decision.
- The ASI Club Funding Liaisons may provide an extension for an appeal at their discretion
- If appealed, a meeting may be scheduled between the RSO’s representatives, ASI Club Services staff, and the ASI Club Funding Liaisons to discuss the reasons for denial.
- All decisions after the meeting are final and are not subject to further appeal.