Tahoe Camping & Hiking
Jun 02 - Jun 04, 2023
$220 students / $260 non-students
Embark upon a unique and illuminating weekend of hiking and camping in the wilderness of the Northern California Tahoe area. From mountains to alpine lakes, and everything in between!
Skill Level: Mild
Activity Level: Beginner
- Backpacking amongst trees, lakes, mountains, and wildlife within
Potential teachable moments:
- Unique and powerful culture and practices of the Indigenous Tribes who resided in the traveled through the area.
A pre-trip meeting will be held in the weeks prior to the trip. Participants will receive confirmation of a pre-trip date and time after registering.
- Group gear: pots, pans, stoves, water filters, tents, maps, GPS, first aid kits, camp tools.
- Meals: Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday breakfast, lunch.
What to Bring
- Backpack for day hiking; 25L minimum
- Sleeping bag (preferably 0 degree)
- Sleeping pad
- At least 2L of water carrying capacity.
- Quart-sized bag of personal snacks.
- Warm upper and lower layers.
- Active clothes for hiking.
- Rain jacket
- Camp clothes
- Sturdy weatherproof hiking shoes
- Warm thick wool socks
The Rental Center at the Cal Poly Recreation Center has all of the gear you need for your next adventure! ASI Poly Escapes trip participants receive a 50% discount with your reservation. Explore our selection online, then come down to the Rental Center to equip your trip.Learn More