Tahoe Camping & Hiking
Jun 02 - Jun 04, 2023
$220 students / $260 non-students
Embark upon a unique and illuminating weekend of hiking and camping in the wilderness of the Northern California Tahoe area. From mountains to alpine lakes, and everything in between!
Skill Level: Mild
Activity Level: Beginner
- Backpacking amongst trees, lakes, mountains, and wildlife within
Potential teachable moments:
- Unique and powerful culture and practices of the Indigenous Tribes who resided in the traveled through the area.
A pre-trip meeting will be held in the weeks prior to the trip. Participants will receive confirmation of a pre-trip date and time after registering.
- Group gear: pots, pans, stoves, water filters, tents, maps, GPS, first aid kits, camp tools.
- Meals: Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday breakfast, lunch.
What to Bring
- Backpack for day hiking; 25L minimum
- Sleeping bag (preferably 0 degree)
- Sleeping pad
- At least 2L of water carrying capacity.
- Quart-sized bag of personal snacks.
- Warm upper and lower layers.
- Active clothes for hiking.
- Rain jacket
- Camp clothes
- Sturdy weatherproof hiking shoes
- Warm thick wool socks
The Poly Escapes Rental Center at the Cal Poly Recreation Center has the gear you need for your next adventure! Explore our selection online, then visit the Rental Center to equip your trip.Learn More