Surf and Camp – Ventura
Feb 28 - Mar 01, 2020
Learn to surf at the world-famous Mondos Beach in beautiful Ventura, California! Mondos is well-known for its small, consistent waves, and is a classic spot for beginners to learn to surf. We surf on Saturday and Sunday along with beachside camping at the nearby Hobson State Beach! Enjoy sunshine and beach games by day and campfire songs and treats by night on this classic California-beach trip.
• Experience Level: Intermediate
• Physical Demand: Moderate
• Departure: Cal Poly Recreation Center, Friday @ 3 p.m.
• Return: Cal Poly Recreation Center, Sunday @ 3 p.m.
• Trip Leaders: Garrett, Ben, Mara
10 spot(s) available
- Enjoy this amazing opportunity to truly enjoy all that the California coastline has to offer! Explore the Ventura backcountry and dive deep into the surf during this specialized trip.
- We will be staying at a local Ventura beachfront campground before waking up early to try out Mondo’s Beach! Surfers of every skill level will find great waves at this small sand and rock beach.
- Mondo’s Beach is located between Carpinteria and Ventura, California.
- Participants are welcome to enjoy time out on the beach or an optional sunset walk along the inviting waves of local Mondo’s Beach before hanging out with trip leaders and other participants over food and a campfire.
- All trip participants must attend a pre-trip meeting
- Trip Leaders will communicate about specific required equipment and personal items needed. Warm non-cotton outdoor clothing that can be layered will be required. Some general equipment can be rented from ASI Poly Escapes at a 50% discount with your reservation. Visit the ASI Poly Escapes website to view the rental catalog.
- Transportation and drivers are provided by ASI Poly Escapes. Trip departure times are final. Please arrive on time at the specified departure time and location. If you cannot depart at the scheduled time, you cannot attend the trip, no exceptions.
- Meals are included in the cost of the trip except meals at restaurants while traveling to and from the trip destination.
- Cancellation of the trip and/or changes in the specific details, timing, itinerary, and location of the trip may happen due to factors including but not limited to weather, environmental events, access and regulatory changes, health factors, and registration minimums.
- Withdrawing from the trip results in a refund only when another participant fills the spot.
- Registration is required; there is a fee associated with this program.
10 spot(s) available
The Rental Center at the Cal Poly Recreation Center has all of the gear you need for your next adventure! ASI Poly Escapes trip participants receive a 50% discount with your reservation. Explore our selection online, then come down to the Rental Center to equip your trip.Learn More