Snowshoe Backpacking – Yosemite National Park
Feb 07 - Feb 10, 2020
Spend your weekend trekking through beautiful snow-covered meadows to one of the most picturesque scenes the Sierra Nevada has to offer — Dewey Point looking down into Yosemite National Park! We will be snowshoeing roughly seven miles over the course of the weekend with minimal elevation gain. Enjoy excellent company, food, and views on this unforgettable mountain adventure!
Skill Level: Moderate
Activity Level: Beginner
- This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to snowshoe through Yosemite has a total duration of 3.5 miles with very little elevation change, making it perfect for first-time and experienced snowshoers alike.
- We will be visiting a variety of campgrounds in different parts of the National Park to offer you the best experience of Yosemite.
- The Dewey Point view gives the perfect view of all Yosemite Valley—especially El Capitan.
- We will be providing time to hang out with everyone on the trip while enjoying the snow in one of California’s most sought after national park.
- All trip participants must attend a pre-trip meeting.
- Trip Leaders will communicate about specific required equipment and personal items needed. Warm non-cotton outdoor clothing that can be layered will be required. Some general equipment can be rented from ASI Poly Escapes at a 50% discount with your reservation. Visit the ASI Poly Escapes website to view the rental catalog.
- Transportation and drivers are provided by ASI Poly Escapes. Trip departure times are final. Please arrive on time at the specified departure time and location. If you cannot depart at the scheduled time, you cannot attend the trip, no exceptions.
- Meals are included in the cost of the trip except for meals at restaurants while traveling to and from the trip destination.
- Cancellation of the trip and/or changes in the specific details, timing, itinerary, and location of the trip may happen due to factors including but not limited to weather, environmental events, access and regulatory changes, health factors, and registration minimums.
- Withdrawing from the trip results in a refund only when another participant fills the spot.
- Registration is required; there is a fee associated with this program.
- pots and pans
- first aid kits
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 1 dinner
- car snacks
- water filters
- bathroom kits
- trekking poles
- bear bins for food
What to Bring
- sleeping bag
- sleeping pad
- large backpacking backpack
- hiking boots
- trail snacks
- 2 water bottles
- comfortable synthetic, thermal, & waterproof layers
- medical insurance card
- bowl and utensils for meals
- money for dinner on Friday
The Poly Escapes Rental Center at the Cal Poly Recreation Center has the gear you need for your next adventure! Explore our selection online, then visit the Rental Center to equip your trip.Learn More