SLOcal Surf Adventure
Apr 29, 2023
$50 students / $75 non-students
Learn to surf with ASI Poly Escapes Trip Leaders! Come out to a local beach and learn how to paddle, stand up, and catch your first wave with Poly Escapes.
Skill Level: Moderate
Activity Level: Beginner
Beginner surf instruction
Central Coast beach location experience
Leave No Trace education (marine focus)
- Ocean Safety
- Marine Life
- Surfing Etiquette
- Surf day trip to a local beach.
- Beach location TBD— dependent on weather and surf conditions. Will be provided closer to the trip date.
- Will be in sun and surf for most of the day.
- A pre-trip meeting will be held in the weeks prior to the trip. Participants will receive confirmation of a pre-trip date and time after registering.
- Participants should have the ability to tread water above head height for approximately one minute.
- Comfortable in the water, swimming up to 100 yards.
Participants are responsible for securing their own transportation; transportation is not provided.
General group gear
What to Bring
Lots of Sunscreen
Jacket or warmer clothes
The Rental Center at the Cal Poly Recreation Center has all of the gear you need for your next adventure! ASI Poly Escapes trip participants receive a 50% discount with your reservation. Explore our selection online, then come down to the Rental Center to equip your trip.Learn More