Camping & Snowshoeing – Mammoth Lakes
Jan 24 - Jan 26, 2020
Spend your weekend trekking through beautiful snow-covered meadows to one of the most picturesque scenes the Sierra Nevada has to offer! Join us for snow camping with a cozy fire, melting s’mores, and great company. On Saturday, we will strap on the snowshoes and trek into the Lakes Basin to experience the majesty of the Mammoth Lakes Wilderness and return to our warm fire for the night. This will be an adventure that you don’t want to miss!
• Experience Level: Beginner
• Physical Demand: Moderate
• Departure: Cal Poly Recreation Center, Friday @ 3:00 p.m.
• Return: Cal Poly Recreation Center, Sunday @ 5-10 p.m.
• Provided Items: Tents, stoves, pots and pans, first aid kits, 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner, transportation, car snacks, water filters, trekking poles, snowshoes
• Personal Items to bring or rent from Poly Escapes: Sleeping bag, Sleeping pad, hiking boots, trail snacks, 2 water bottles, comfortable synthetic, thermal, & waterproof layers, headlamp, toiletries, medical insurance card, bowl and utensils for meals, money for dinner on Friday.
• Trip Leaders: Ben, Blake & Henry
The Rental Center at the Cal Poly Recreation Center has all of the gear you need for your next adventure! ASI Poly Escapes trip participants receive a 50% discount with your reservation. Explore our selection online, then come down to the Rental Center to equip your trip.Learn More