Camping – Pinnacles National Park
Feb 21 - Feb 23, 2020
Join ASI Poly Escapes on a two-night camping trip to Pinnacles National Park; home to condors, caves, and unique rock formations. We’ll spend Saturday hiking the High Peaks Trail, crawling through Bear Gulch Caves, and experiencing the beauty of this local national park.
Skill Level: Moderate
Activity Level: Beginner
- Departure: Cal Poly Recreation Center, Friday @ 3:00 p.m.
- Return: Cal Poly Recreation Center, Sunday @ 5-10 p.m.
- All trip participants must attend a pre-trip meeting.
- Trip Leaders will communicate about specific required equipment and personal items needed. Warm non-cotton outdoor clothing that can be layered will be required. Some general equipment can be rented from ASI Poly Escapes at a 50% discount with your reservation. Visit the ASI Poly Escapes website to view the rental catalog.
- Transportation and drivers are provided by ASI Poly Escapes. Trip departure times are final. Please arrive on time at the specified departure time and location. If you cannot depart at the scheduled time, you cannot attend the trip, no exceptions.
- Meals are included in the cost of the trip except for meals at restaurants while traveling to and from the trip destination.
- Cancellation of the trip and/or changes in the specific details, timing, itinerary, and location of the trip may happen due to factors including but not limited to weather, environmental events, access and regulatory changes, health factors, and registration minimums.
- Withdrawing from the trip results in a refund only when another participant fills the spot.
- Registration is required; there is a fee associated with this program.
- pots and pans
- first aid kits
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 1 dinner
- car snacks
- water filters
- trekking poles
What to Bring
- sleeping bag
- sleeping pad
- hiking boots
- trail snacks
- 2 water bottles
- comfortable synthetic, thermal & waterproof layers
- medical insurance card
- bowl and utensils for meals
- money for dinner on Friday
The Poly Escapes Rental Center at the Cal Poly Recreation Center has the gear you need for your next adventure! Explore our selection online, then visit the Rental Center to equip your trip.Learn More