Backpacking- Sequoia National Park, Redwood Canyon
Nov 08 - Nov 10, 2019
Spend your weekend backpacking through the Sierra on a journey through Sequoia National Park. We’ll hike 10 miles with an elevation gain of 2,400 feet throughout the weekend exploring Redwood Canyon, crossing meadows and streams, and traversing ridgelines.
• Experience Level: Intermediate
• Physical Demand: Strenuous
• Departure: Cal Poly Recreation Center, Friday @ 3:00 p.m.
• Return: Cal Poly Recreation Center, Sunday @ 5-10 p.m.
• Provided Items: Tents, stoves, pots and pans, first aid kits, 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner, transportation, car snacks, water filters, bathroom kits, trekking poles, bear bins for food.
• Personal Items to bring or rent from Poly Escapes: Sleeping bag, Sleeping pad, large backpacking backpack, hiking boots, trail snacks, 2 water bottles, comfortable synthetic, thermal, & waterproof layers, headlamp, toiletries, medical insurance card, bowl and utensils for meals, money for dinner on Friday.
• Trip Leaders: Garrett, Blake & Nicole
The Rental Center at the Cal Poly Recreation Center has all of the gear you need for your next adventure! ASI Poly Escapes trip participants receive a 50% discount with your reservation. Explore our selection online, then come down to the Rental Center to equip your trip.Learn More