Backpacking- Sequoia National Park, Pear Lake
Oct 11 - Oct 13, 2019
Join ASI Poly Escapes on a backpacking trip along the breathtaking Lakes Trail in Sequoia National Park. We’ll be covering 6 miles and gaining 2,900 feet as we hike through forests of sequoias and past several lakes on our journey to Pear Lake.
• Experience Level: Beginner
• Physical Demand: Moderate
• Departure: Cal Poly Recreation Center, Friday @ 3:00 p.m.
• Return: Cal Poly Recreation Center, Sunday @ 5-10 p.m.
• Provided Items: Tents, stoves, pots and pans, first aid kits, 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner, transportation, car snacks, water filters, bathroom kits, trekking poles, bear bins for food.
• Personal Items to bring or rent from Poly Escapes: Sleeping bag, Sleeping pad, large backpacking backpack, hiking boots, trail snacks, 2 water bottles, comfortable synthetic, thermal, & waterproof layers, headlamp, toiletries, medical insurance card, bowl and utensils for meals, money for dinner on Friday.
• Trip Leaders: Gavin & Brody
The Rental Center at the Cal Poly Recreation Center has all of the gear you need for your next adventure! ASI Poly Escapes trip participants receive a 50% discount with your reservation. Explore our selection online, then come down to the Rental Center to equip your trip.Learn More