Planning a Club Event
An Event Plan (E-Plan) is required for all on- and off-campus Cal Poly club events, meetings, and signage held in person during the 2021–22 academic year.
E-Plans are not currently available for club virtual events. To learn more about submitting information regarding club virtual events, please visit Cal Poly Clubs & Organizations.
- Starting July 1 at 8 a.m., RSOs may submit reservations for the 2021–22 academic year (Sept. 13, 2021–Sept. 10, 2022). Reservations can be made for all meetings and events in spaces including classrooms, Cal Poly Recreation Center, Julian A. McPhee University Union, Cal Poly Sports Complex, Performing Arts Center of San Luis Obispo, campus lawns, and off-campus venues.
- E-Plans will be processed once approved by the club president and advisor on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Participants must follow SLO County Public Health, Cal OSHA guidance, and campus policy.
Planning a club event often requires collaboration and partnership with a variety of on and off campus entities. Understanding the policies and procedures for hosting an event is an important step to ensure every event is a success.
An event may require 3 business days, 7 days, or 14 days based on location and event needs. The E-Plan must be submitted and approved online by the club president and advisor within the designated timelines.
3 Business Days
- General meetings
- Information booths/tables
7 Calendar Days
- General meetings with food
14 Calendar Days
- Large events
- Requests for specialized venues
- Events requiring staffing or other support