Design a customized surfboard (up to 6'8") as you learn basic shaping techniques including rough shaping, cutting the rails, shaping the nose and tail, and smooth finishing.
Design a customized surfboard (shortboard only for weekend class) as you learn basic shaping techniques including rouch shaping, cutting the rails, shaping the nose and tail, and smooth finishing.
- One surfboard blank
- Surfboard shaping safety training certification
- All shaping tools and equipment
- A surfboard rack space to store your surfboard for the quarter
- Access to our shaping advice office hours
- Studio access for the quarter
What to Bring
- Closed-toe shoes
- Hair tie to secure long hair
- Wear comfortable clothing that may get dirty
There are no prerequisites for surfboard shaping classes. The cost of the blank and all materials for shaping are included in the cost of the class, however fiberglass finishing of the blank is not included. All programs are subject to cancellation due to low enrollment. Registration is required; there is a fee associated with this class and the registration fee includes the cost of the surfboard blank.