Skip to content
- Rec Gym
- Main Gym
- North Gym
- South Gym
- Games are on a first-come / first-served basis, open play. Informal sport rules apply.
- All informal activities are considered as a challenge court, the winner stays on the court.
- The Rec Gym is for informal play, pick-up games only.
- Reserved time for any gym takes precedence over open play.
- Objects, including balls, may not be thrown against walls, bleachers, or lights.
- Volleyball, futsal (soccer), badminton, and dodgeball are available during specific times. Set-up must be performed by staff.
- Non-marking, non-scuffing closed-toed, closed-heel athletic shoes only.
- Appropriate exercise apparel must be worn.
- Leak-proof personal water bottles are permitted.
- Sexual harassment of any form is not tolerated per University policy.
- Equipment is to be set up and replaced by staff only.
- Use of scoreboards and audio-visual equipment is to be operated by staff only.
- Movement of bleachers may not be moved by anyone other than staff.
- Audio visual equipment is to be operated by staff only.
Appropriate Use of Gyms
- Standard court sports: including basketball, volleyball, dodgeball, badminton, futsal (soccer), and pickleball with appropriate equipment.
- Group fitness classes.
- Dance, with appropriate non-marking, non-scuffing, closed-toed, closed-heel shoes.
- Non-floor/facility damaging fitness activities, with appropriate footwear.
Accepted Use of Studio, with Recreation Center Set-up & Reservation
- Speaking engagements
- Movies and other special events
- Note: Protective mats to be placed on the floor prior to events that include the use of tables and/or chairs.