Maximum Initial Allotment: 50% of each club sport’s yearly budget or $6,000 per club sport, whichever is lower, per fiscal year
Approved by the ASI Board of Directors on February 3, 2021
In support of the “ultimate college experience”, ASI Club Sport Funding is available for chartered club sports that are active within the Club Sports Council. Funding is available to assist with the expenses associated with supporting the activities of the club sport.
Availability of, and procedures for, ASI College Club Council Funding will be publicized through the Clubs & Organizations website and by ASI Club Services through training and educations distributed to club sport officers and advisors.
ASI Club Sport Funding was created to support the efforts of the Club Sports Council and, through them, the respective club sports.
Recipients of ASI Club Sport Funding must be currently chartered club sports that are recognized by the Club Sports Council. Club sports are ineligible to receive ASI Club Sponsorship or ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship. The Club Sports Council is ineligible to receive ASI Club Sponsorship or ASI Club Event Co-Sponsorship.
Terms of Funding
ASI Club Sport Funding supports club sports that do not receive other funds supported through mandatory student fees (i.e. Instructionally Related Activities (IRAs) or College Club Councils).
- Individual club sports will receive funding as determined by the Club Sports Council.
- ASI Club Sport Funding is non-transferable between club sports. All ASI Club Sport Funding allocations must be made by the Club Sports Council.
- Each individual club sport may receive up to an initial 50% of their club sport’s yearly budget or $6,000, whichever is lower, per fiscal year.
- ASI reserves the right to disqualify any club sport from applying for ASI Club Sport Funding indefinitely for attempts to defraud or deceive.
- The ASI Board of Directors will approve the amount allocated for ASI Club Sport Funding for the next fiscal year’s budget during spring quarter.
- Once approved, the ASI Club Funding Liaisons will notify the Club Sports Council with the approved amount of ASI Club Sport Funding.
- All funds not initially allocated will remain in the Club Sports Council account and may be allocated at the discretion of the Club Sports Council.
- All funding decisions will be made without regard to the viewpoint being expressed by the College Club Council. For more information regarding ASI’s Viewpoint Neutrality Policy, please visit the ASI website.
- ASI Club Sport Funding must be used for purposes consistent with the California State University Board of Trustees and Campus Administrative Policies.
- The following expenditures of ASI Club Sports Funding are not permitted:
- Expenditures to directly support or oppose any candidate for public office, whether partisan or not, or to support or oppose any issue before the voters as required by California Education Code Title V, Section 42403
- Charitable donations
- Door prizes, awards, gifts (including gift cards/certificates)
- Payroll expenses associated with coaching or consultation fees
- Payroll expenses exceeding 17.5 percent of the total amount of funding allocated to Club Sports.
- The Club Sports Council may not utilize more than 5% of their ASI Club Sport Funding to support the Club Sports Council End of Year Banquet.
- The Club Sports Council must submit an ASI Club Sport Funding Allocation Request, containing the specific funding amount being requested and the tentative allocation amounts for each club sport and/or Club Sports Council’s administrative expenses. The allocation request must be submitted to the ASI Chair of the Board by the third week of winter quarter.
Recognition of ASI Financial Support
- Club Sports are encouraged to recognize ASI as a sponsor in public announcements and promotional materials whenever practical, using the ASI Club Sport Funding logo provided by ASI Club Services staff.
- A completed Club Payment Request Form (PRF) with appropriate back-up documentation must be submitted to ASI Club Services in order to access funds.
- ASI Club Sport Funding must be reconciled by the last day of the academic year (i.e. the Friday of spring quarter Dead Week). Late Club PRFs will not be processed utilizing ASI Club Sport Funding.
- Unused funds will be returned to the ASI Club Funding Reserve if Club PRFs are not submitted by the due date.
- In fall quarter, the Club Sports Council is required to attend an ASI Board of Directors meeting to present the breakdown of funding allocations by club sport team, and an overview of the Club Sports Council’s administrative expenses.
- The meeting must be scheduled with the ASI Chair of the Board one week prior to the scheduled ASI Board of Directors meeting.
- The Club Sports Council must submit the ASI Club Sport Funding Annual Report to the ASI Chair of the Board by the last ASI Board of Directors meeting of the academic year.
- At the beginning of the fiscal year, 100% of allocated ASI Club Sport Funding will be made available to the Club Sports Council in good faith that the Club Sports Council will follow all of the above procedures.
- If the Business and Finance Committee finds that the Club Sports Council is in violation of any of these procedures 10% of the ASI Club Sport Funding during the following fiscal year shall be withheld until the Club Sports Council is found to be in compliance with the above procedures once more.