Whether you’re an aspiring yoga teacher or seeking a deeper relationship with yoga, completing yoga teacher training provides an opportunity to transform your practice and your life! This 200-hour program at the Cal Poly Recreation Center will connect participants to a vast body of knowledge passed on through a multi-generational lineage of yoga teachers with deep roots in India.
This competitively-priced program is open to anyone, and non-members will receive Recreation Center access during the five-month training series.
A free informational session will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 12 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Recreation Center Multi-Activity Center (MAC) to answer questions and meet with the lead yoga instructors! This 200-hour teacher training series begins on March 6 and will run through July 12. Training sections and topics include:
- Module 1: March 6-8, 2020 — Yoga History and Philosophy
- Module 2: March 23-29, 2020 — LEVITYoGA and Practice Principles
- Module 3: April 17-19, 2020 — Physical Anatomy
- Module 4: May 1-3, 2020 — Subtle Body Anatomy
- Module 5: May 15-7, 2020 — Sanskrit, Yoga Sutras, and Pranayama
- Module 6: May 29-31, 2020 — Ayurveda
- Module 7: June 12-14, 2020 — Pre/Post-Natal Yoga
- Module 8: June 26-28, 2020 — Teaching Arts Part 1 — Therapeutics, Props, & Adjustments
- Module 9: July 10-12, 2020 — Teaching Arts Part 2 — Business, Ethics, Sequencing, & Peer Teaching Studio
Cal Poly students can register at ASI Access. Non-students can register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting the Membership Services desk at the Recreation Center. Check out the Facebook event page for details.