ASI Student Government
How to Stay Civically Engaged From Home
With all that is happening in the world, civic engagement is more important than ever. Whether you are passionate about COVID-19-related legislation, Black Lives Matter, climate change, or another issue, civic engagement is the best way to share this passion and use it to create change. Yet with the shelter-at-home order, it can be difficult to know how to stay involved. Below is a list of ways to stay civically engaged from home, because even a national pandemic can’t stop civic engagement.
- Complete the 2020 census.
- Attend virtual San Luis Obispo City Council meetings.
- Write to your representatives about pertinent issues and legislation.
- Find out if your state moved its primary election date.
- Re-register to vote if you have moved to another residence.
- Go to your city’s homepage and read about the programs they are creating and how you might be able to help from a distance.
- If able, vote by mail in the U.S. presidential election on Nov. 3, 2020.