With all that is happening in the world, civic engagement is more important than ever. Whether you are passionate about COVID-19-related legislation, Black Lives Matter, climate change, or another issue, civic engagement is the best way to share this passion and use it to create change. Yet with the shelter-at-home order, it can be difficult to know how to stay involved. Below is a list of ways to stay civically engaged from home, because even a national pandemic can’t stop civic engagement.
- Complete the 2020 census.
- Attend virtual San Luis Obispo City Council meetings.
- Write to your representatives about pertinent issues and legislation.
- Find out if your state moved its primary election date.
- Re-register to vote if you have moved to another residence.
- Go to your city’s homepage and read about the programs they are creating and how you might be able to help from a distance.
- If able, vote by mail in the U.S. presidential election on Nov. 3, 2020.