Elections are almost here! Starting Wednesday, April 20 at 9 a.m., students will be able to vote for their next ASI president and Board of Directors. Meet our 2022–23 candidates!
Students will have the opportunity to vote through the ASI website and their Cal Poly Portal until Thursday, April 21 at 9 a.m. Following the voting period, winners will be announced on Thursday, April 21 at approximately 12 p.m. in the University Union Plaza, and on the ASI website and social media channels.
- April 14: Presidential Candidate Debates
- April 19: Candidate Meet & Greet
- April 20: The voting period beings at 9 a.m.
- April 21: The voting period ends at 9 a.m. & Results announced
What The ASI President and Board of Directors Do
- The ASI president represents the general student body and acts as the official representative of ASI to the Cal Poly administration and the general public.
- The Board of Directors is comprised of representatives from each college that serve as the official student voice and act as the corporate governing body of ASI.
Can I Still Run in the ASI Elections?
Any student who wishes to run for candidacy and did not file or submit a candidate packet prior to the filing deadline can still run by filing as a write-in candidate. Write-in candidates’ names will not appear on the ballot and will need to be written in. Learn more about filing as a write-in candidate for ASI president and Board of Directors.
How ASI Elections Work
- Voting: ASI elections utilize instant run-off voting. That means students will vote by ranking each candidate on their ballots — from first preference to last.
- Instant Run-off Process: After the initial vote, the candidate with the fewest votes is disqualified and their votes are redistributed — based on the next preference on each ballot — among the remaining candidates. This process is continued until one candidate wins by obtaining more than half of the vote. Visit the ASI website for a visualization of this process.
Remember to set a reminder for April 20 at 9 a.m. Your vote counts! Don’t miss out on helping decide your campus’ next leaders!
For more information about ASI elections, contact ASI Recruitment & Elections Committee Chair, Jordan Perlas, at firstname.lastname@example.org.