During these unprecedented times, ASI remains committed to the safety and security of our staff, the Cal Poly community, and the greater San Luis Obispo community.
Our programs, services and facilities may look different as we navigate this dynamic situation surrounding COVID-19, and we are working to continue connecting Cal Poly students to their ultimate college experience.
ASI is taking a number of actions in line with university priorities to protect the health and well-being of our staff, customers, and program participants. We will continue to make proactive decisions that are grounded in transparency and safety while following state, local, and campus guidelines.
While the modifications we are making are specific to each program and facility, below are overarching actions that are being taken organization-wide:
Enhanced Cleaning Measures
ASI is observing elevated cleaning and sanitizing protocols that meet or exceed public health guidelines. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Trained ASI staff adopting regimented cleaning/disinfecting frequencies for all horizontal surfaces, door handles, light switches, shared spaces, offices, etc.
- Deep cleaning and sanitizing restrooms multiple times per day.
- Using sanitizing and disinfecting supplies proven to be effective against the spread of COVID-19.
Physical Distancing Measures
Where possible within ASI-managed facilities, physical distancing measures have been put into place. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Removing or rearranging furniture to ensure 6 feet of distance between individuals.
- Limited capacity of all conference rooms and communal spaces to adhere to physical distancing guidelines.
- Installing plexiglass shields at all customer-facing locations.
- Limiting participation in programs to the maximum capacity allowed by state guidelines.
Staff Member Safety
All ASI staff members will be required to wear a face covering* and complete a daily health screening prior to every shift to ensure they are ready and able to work.
*Exceptions will be provided to staff members that meet the guidelines per the State of California Face Covering Order.
Per the State of California Face Covering Order, all program participants and individuals entering an ASI-managed facility will be required to wear a face covering*.
*Exceptions will be provided to individuals that meet the guidelines per the State of California Face Covering Order.
In addition to the above stated precautions and safety measures, the following are the reopening plans per area, which have been reviewed and approved by the Cal Poly Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
In an effort to ensure the health and well-being of our community and meet current processing restrictions, only credit card payments will be accepted by ASI at this time. This includes the Orfalea Family and ASI Children’s Center, Cal Poly Recreation Center, ASI Recreational Sports, ASI Poly Escapes, and the ASI Craft Center. Cash or check payments will not be accepted until further notice.
*Please note, plans are subject to change.