Chair of SCLC
Phone: (805) 756-1291
Email Chair of SCLC
The Student Community Liaison Committee, established in 1987, serves as a mechanism of communication among Cal Poly, Cuesta College, City and County of San Luis Obispo, and community organizations. The mission of SCLC is to proactively engage in discussions to promote positive relations, mutual respect, and improved quality of life for all citizens of San Luis Obispo.
A Statement of Our Hopes for the Community
In order to continually improve the relationship between all segments of the community, the Student-Community Liaison Committee strives to promote these principles:
- Community members should be civil and respectful towards each other.
- Everyone has equal rights and responsibilities.
- Members of this community should treat each other with respect and consideration regardless of their duration of residency.
- Community members should be held accountable for their actions.
- Community members should be respectful of other’s residence and property.
- Community members expect their residence to not be adversely affected by outside noise violations.
- Community members should be able to have social gatherings that are considerate, reasonable and appropriate for the time of day.
- Community members deserve to be recognized for their own actions and attitudes and not be pre-judged based on the actions and attitudes of others.
- Community members should not be stereotyped based on age or any other criterion.
- Community members deserve to be respected for what they contribute to the community.
- Community members have a responsibility to add positively to the community.